Sunday, June 7, 2009

Kryptonite

Well the superhero has been given some kryptonite. One of the main purposes of Jared being in the ICU is for him to get the rest that he needs, but this kid was wide awake this morning and stayed pretty alert for quite some time. They then served up some kryptonite and he is out for the count. He has been sleeping a lot more this afternoon and is doing well. All vitals are good and the blood work is normal. Ever since the surgery he had a little blood oozing out of his noze. The ooze is for obvious reasons following an endonasal approach to the tumor removal. The sight of all of it was a bit disconcerting, but it has improved quite a bit over these couple of days. Well, he just opened his eyes for a moment and I went to his bed side and said to him, "How are you doing superhero?" He replied simply by sticking his hand in the air while giving me a thumbs up. These tender mercies make this whole experience an unforgettable season in our life.

I too am very grateful for this blog. It has been a very therapeutic and fullfilling experience to document all the happenings of Jareds journey. I only hope that someday he will be able to read all that is written, posts and comments alike, and realize the outpouring of love from family and friends and a loving God who has been with us in some challenging moments in our life. I will be forever indebted to my son for his strength in handling all of this. I love this boy more and more as I see him each day. I become more and more grateful for the family that we have been blessed with and miss my other sweet kids so very much. May I never take for granted the most cherished and prized possesions that I have.

We feel so much hope and anticipation of returning to our home with our healthy son. However, I cannot discount the priceless experiences we are having here. The Lord is with us and we feel your prayers and strength daily. It is truly amazing to see how far reaching the prayers and faith have come. We will never be able to thank you all sufficiently, but are forever grateful. We hope to have more good news of Jared's breathing tube removal and much more tomorrow. Until then, but may the Lord bless you all as we have been blessed by you.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear things are continuing to go well! We are so impressed with how strong Jared is and what an amazing example of strength and faith you all are to us. It was so touching to see the notes that Jared had written to you. I showed them to the kids and we all had tears in our eyes. What a hard thing to go through for such a little guy and how brave he has been!
    Give Jared our love.
    We are looking forward to hearing more good news too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew...remember back when I was always teasing Jaime that I was going have a face lift, lose some weight, and then steal you away from her? Well, I'm thinking that wasn't such a bad idea. What an awesome person you are and it's such a treat for me to read your news briefs everyday. I'm not surprised that God has blessed you, among other things, with a gift of expressing yourself so well. I can definitely see you writing a book someday. And then there's Jaime. Don't we all just love Jaime and especially as we see her working through this situation with such faith in God and determination to do everything possible for her child. As difficult as this is for everyone, it certainly has been a blessing for me to re-connect with the Vance family. Jared is simply amazing. His "thumbs up" to his Dad got these eyes of mine brimming again. You are in are our prayers and I'm thinking of all of you many times through the days. Jared.....I'm praying today that they'll take that yukkie breathing tube out. Love, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jared: You are the man ("Superman"). I am so proud to be your Uncle!!! Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jared, Andrew and Jaime,
    Your blog is awesome and a wonderful way for us to keep in touch with all that is going on with little Jared. Our fasting and prayers are continually with you all.
    Love,
    Kathy and Dave Salter

    ReplyDelete